Where better to improve your English than in England!
Learn more about British culture, compare it to your own culture and other cultures from around the world. You can do all of these things at our international language school in Bournemouth!
Speaking English today is an essential life skill as it will help you communicate globally as well as improve your career prospects. Join us and improve your English skills with the support of our friendly, experienced and qualified teachers, whilst making friends with like-minded people. At the same time, you can visit wonderful places in England, and enjoy the great variety of activities we have to offer in the city or by the sea.
Our strengths at Westbourne Academy are teaching and accommodation as well as the warm welcome we offer to all our students. In addition to this, we have recently updated our facilities to make your stay more enjoyable.
Westbourne Academy can arrange a taxi service from most UK airports to the homestay on request. Please click HERE for our taxi prices.
Once you arrive at your homestay provider’s home, they will:
- Welcome you when you arrive
- Give you information about the area you will be staying in
- Explain to you how to get to Westbourne Academy and give you a map showing the bus routes to the school
- Have meals with you and help you practise your spoken English
On your first day at school, you will have a test so we know your English level and can place you in the correct class. You will then have an induction where you will be given useful information to help you enjoy your time at Westbourne Academy.
We offer excellent (FREE!) WiFi facilities to give you instant access to your favourite apps and websites.
The cafeteria at Westbourne Academy provides very tasty and well-priced food and drinks during the day. Click HERE to see The Academy Café Facebook page. Our cafeteria is also used for many social functions at the school and is a place where students can relax and meet friends. There is also a patio and an attractive garden.
Our qualified and experienced teaching staff will:
- give you as much personal attention as possible
- make sure you are learning exactly what you need
- help you to maximise all opportunities for learning both inside and outside of the classroom
- participate in sports and social activities: this helps build a closer relationship with their students
Westbourne Academy provides:
- student course books for use in class
- a work book which students can keep (included in the fees)
- a listening centre where students can practise their listening skills on a self-access basis
- a reading centre where students can borrow reading books to aid their studies outside of class
- a range of audio/visual facilities during the lessons, including interactive whiteboards and web-based resources
The school organises a full and exciting programme, giving students the opportunity to make friends and practise their English outside the classroom. Below are a list of activities and approximate prices.
- £ up to £10
- ££ £11-£20
- £££ £21-£45
Sports and activities organised by staff include:
- Football – Free
- Table tennis – Free
- Beach volleyball – Free
- Discussion evenings – Free
- Movie Nights – Free
- Laser quest – £
- Indoor Climbing – £
- Bowling – £
- Summer BBQs – £
- Open top bus evening tours – £
- Indoor mini golf – £
- International cultural parties – £
- Interactive quizzes – £
- Splashdown water park – ££
- Theatre trips – £££
These are just some of the facilities and activities available near Westbourne Academy which we can help you to participate in.
- Regular 5k park runs Free
- Tennis and squash £
- Yoga classes £
- Martial arts classes £
- Bicycle hire £
- Gym monthly membership ££
- Rugby matches ££
- Golf £££
- Many water sports including swimming, windsurfing, sailing, stand-up paddle boarding, surfing, kayaking. £££
There are also guided, full day excursions to destinations including:
- London – £££
- Bath and Stonehenge – £££
- Oxford – £££
- Salisbury/Winchester – £££
- Jurassic Coast – £££
- Brighton – £££
Bournemouth is also home to many free festivals and cultural events including the Bournemouth Air Show, the Arts by the Sea festival, regular summer fireworks and various music, food and drink festivals.
|For more detailed information Click HERE for our Social Activities and Excursions Booklet .|
|Click HERE for our Socials and Excursions Programme for March/April 2019.
Click here for our Newsletters: