Where better to improve your English than in England!
Learn more about British culture, compare it to your own culture and other cultures from around the world. You can do all of these things at our international language schools in Bournemouth and London!
Speaking English today is an essential life skill as it will help you communicate globally as well as improve your career prospects. Join us and improve your English skills with the support of our friendly, experienced and qualified teachers, whilst making friends with like-minded people. At the same time, you can visit wonderful places in England, and enjoy the great variety of activities we have to offer in the city or by the sea.
Our strengths at Westbourne Academy are teaching and accommodation as well as the warm welcome we offer to all our students. In addition to this, we have recently updated our facilities at our Bournemouth centre, and are very excited to be able to offer courses at Westbourne Academy in London.
Westbourne Academy London can arrange a taxi service for you. Get in touch with us with your flight details and we will arrange it for you.
Westbourne Academy Bournemouth can arrange a taxi service from most UK airports to the homestay on request. Please click HERE for our taxi prices.
Once you arrive at your homestay provider’s home, they will:
- welcome you when you arrive
- give you information about the area you will be staying in
- explain to you how to get to Westbourne Academy and give you a map showing the bus routes to the school
- have meals with you and help you practise your spoken English
On your first day at school, you will have a test so we know your English level and can place you in the correct class. You will then have an induction where you will be given useful information to help you enjoy your time at Westbourne Academy.
Both sites offer excellent WiFi facilities to give you instant access to your favourite apps and websites.
The cafeteria at Westbourne Academy Bournemouth provides very tasty and well-priced food and drinks during the day. Click HERE to see The Academy Café Facebook page. Our cafeteria is also used for many social functions at the school and is a place where students can relax and meet friends. There is also a patio and an attractive garden.
At Westbourne Academy London there is a large canteen and you can also make use of all the same facilities that our UK college students use (including the library, learning centre, gym and cafés).
Our qualified and experienced teaching staff will:
- give you as much personal attention as possible
- make sure you are learning exactly what you need
- help you to maximise all opportunities for learning both inside and outside of the classroom
- participate in sports and social activities: this helps build a closer relationship with their students
Westbourne Academy provides:
- student course books for use in class
- a work book which students can keep (included in the fees)
- a listening centre where students can practise their listening skills on a self-access basis
- a reading centre where students can borrow reading books to aid their studies outside of class
- a range of audio/visual facilities during the lessons, including interactive whiteboards and web-based resources
The school organises a full and exciting programme, giving students the opportunity to make friends and practise their English outside the classroom.
Students at Westbourne Academy London have free membership of the excellent gym facilities at the Shoreditch campus.
Sports and activities organised by staff include:
- table tennis
- beach volleyball (Bournemouth only!)
- laser quest
- discussion evenings
- summer BBQs
- film evenings
These are just some of the facilities and activities available near the Bournemouth school; we can help you participate!
- tennis and squash courts
- golf courses and a driving range
- rugby matches
- martial arts classes
- bicycle hire
- water park
- yoga classes
- regular 5k park runs
- Bournemouth university sports facilities (including “pay and play” sports sessions)
- many water sports including swimming, windsurfing, sailing, stand-up paddle boarding, surfing, kayaking, wake boarding etc.
We also arrange many evening activities such as conversation evenings, international parties, old English pub tours in the countryside and theatre visits.
There are also guided, full day excursions to destinations including:
- Bath and Stonehenge
- Jurassic Coast
Bournemouth is also home to many festivals and cultural events including the Bournemouth Air Show, the Arts by the Sea festival, regular summer fireworks and various music, food and drink festivals.
|Click HERE for our Social Activities and Excursions Booklet.|
|Click HERE for our Socials and Excursions Programme for January / February 2018.
Click here for our Newsletters: