Accommodation & Welfare
Westbourne Academy Accommodation
Westbourne Academy can arrange accommodation for students who take courses at the school. Most students choose homestay accommodation because it is an important part of the experience and involves living as a member of the home. Students are treated as a full member of the household, eating together and sharing the common living areas. It gives them the opportunity to practise their English and benefit from an English home atmosphere. Please note that we do not place more than four students in the same homestay.
Some students prefer ‘Private Home Accommodation’. There may be less of a family environment in these homes as there can be more than 4 students accommodated at once. Students will still experience eating together with the hosts and sharing the common living areas. If you are not happy to be placed in ‘Private Home Accommodation’ please let us know at the time of booking.
Living with local people is the best way to get extra language practice and it also helps you to understand English culture and customs.The safety and security of all our students is a priority. In the case of problems, there are several full-time welfare officers available to give advice and help. The school also operates a 24-hour emergency telephone service for students.
- All homestays/Private Home Accommodation are carefully selected by the Academy’s accommodation department
- All homestays/Private Home Accommodation are regularly inspected by our Accommodation Officer
- All bookings are part board which includes bed, breakfast and evening meals. A snack lunch is provided on weekends
- Bedrooms will have a mirror, wardrobe and drawer space for clothes together with a desk, chair and lamp for students to have a place to study
- Bedrooms are cleaned weekly at no extra charge
- Clean bed linen is provided and fitted weekly at no extra charge
- One load of clothes washing per week is included at no extra charge. Additional loads of washing may be arranged at a cost of £5.00 per wash. Alternatively, there is a laundry room at Westbourne Academy for student use at a cost of £5.00 per wash
- All students receive a front door key. Students under the age of 18 receive a key to lock the door and unlock the door when they leave / enter. The key will be kept in an agreed place in the home whilst they are in
- Only nationals of an EU country will have access to free medical treatment. We recommend all of our students to make sure they have medical insurance before they depart for the UK. We recommend all students register with their homestay provider’s doctor. For more information on medical care for students please click here
- Special diets can be arranged with advanced notice. This is offered at an extra cost. Please contact the Academy for further details.
- Students aged 16 and 17 years old are required to return home by 10.30PM Monday – Thursday and 11.30PM on Friday and Saturday (as of 01.01.2018).
- Students ages 14-15 years old are required to return home by 9.30PM every day (as of 01.01.2019).
- Please note that accommodation bookings are Saturday to Saturday, unless otherwise arranged.
HOMESTAY ACCOMMODATION FEES
All Westbourne Academy Accommodation Includes:
- Free WIFI
- Breakfast and Dinner every day (Lunch is available in the school cafeteria during the week at an additional cost)
- Lunch at weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- One laundry wash a week
- Opportunities to practice your English
- Learn about the British Culture
- 24-hour emergency telephone service
- Support from our Head of Accommodation / Welfare Officer
- A place to study in your bedroom
- Bedroom cleaned weekly
Becoming a Homestay Provider
Please contact us on one of the following;
- using the online chat
- by email email@example.com
- by telephone 01202 752777 (9am-5.30pm)
One of our accommodation officers will be happy to help you and answer any questions you may have.