31 Alumhurst Road, Westbourne, Dorset, BH4 8EN, UK.
© Westbourne Academy 2019
Westbourne Academy is collecting your details to provide the call back service, however, your details will not be passed on to any third party organisations without your consent.
GENERAL ENGLISH AND GOLF
HOURS PER WEEK
Bournemouth – 13 hours and 20 minutes ( 10 lessons )
Bournemouth – Maximum 16, Average 12
For General Main English course we offer classes for Beginner, Elementary, Lower Intermediate, Intermediate, Higher Intermediate and Advanced levels. ( CEFR A1 – C2 )
Students with a beginner level of English can only start at the beginning of each term 2019: 7th January, 4th March, 29th April, 24th June, 2nd September and 28th October
COURSE INFORMATION / LEARNING OBJECTIVE
The General English Course will cover the most important aspects of learning English including vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation which will help you to improve the four main language skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing. At the end of the course you should be able to communicate in English more confidently in a variety of situations. The following are included in the course fees:
* Intake test and welcome information on your first day
* Friendly, qualified teachers
* Interactive whiteboards in the main classrooms
* Use of coursebooks and free materials
* Modern teaching materials. The students can access free online supplementary learning materials as part of this course
* Regular progress tests to assess your level
* Tutorials with your teachers every 8 weeks to guide your learning
* Talk to the academic managers at any time
* Leaving Certificate at the end of your studies (students attending a course for 4 weeks or more will receive an additional report from their teacher)
* FREE WIFI available throughout the whole school
* FREE use of the self-study facilities (Listening Centre & Reading Centre)
The course content is as follows:
*Five half days English lessons and either two or three sessions of Golf Lessons (1 hour per session + practice)
*Lessons are designed to improve all parts of the golfer’s game and are given by a PGA professional. They consist of tuition and monitored practice. The professional will provide golf clubs and balls for use during lessons and practice.
*Golf lessons can be in groups of two or more or on an individual basis. The students can play rounds of golf once they have an appropriate level of golf or if they hold a handicap certificate.
*Golf lessons include a video swing analysis and a swing machine analysis.
*Please note there is a dress code during the golf lessons which means no jeans or shorts or collarless shirts.
*Parkstone Golf Club has a fully stocked Pro-shop where the professional can advise the golfers on the purchase of golf equipment.
*For further information on Parkstone Golf Club please refer to their website www.parkstonegolfclub.com
Accredited by the British Council